credit - Credit Cards - UKSimple
Monday, December 18, 2017

Polski (Polska)  Lietuvių (Lietuva) Български (България)  English (United Kingdom) Română (România)

Top Insurers of the Month

Top Van Insurer

For the best look and functionality of the forum please use Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer browser.

If you have a problem with text formatting (more often in Google Chrome), edit the post in Basic Text Box.

Forum In English

Forum  Finance  Credit Cards  credit
Disabled Previous

Next Disabled
New Post 16/11/2009 06:08
  RosAneli
1 posts
No Ranking

credit 
Modified By anonymous  on 16/11/2009 12:04:36)

Hi all My wife and I have a baby on the way and we have just sold our 1 bed flat for £152,500 and have had an offer accepted on a house for £225,000. We have a 10% deposit to put down and have applied for a tracker mortgage with HSBC. However, much to our shock and disappointment we have just been turned down. Now as far as I can see all looks well, once the sale of the flat is complete we will have no outstanding debts. We made the application over the phone and the lady we were dealing with seemed genuinely surprised too. We had the agreement in principle but once she had taken down all our details the HSBC internal scoring came back with a rejection. She couldn't offer any explanation, and that was that. So we immediately checked out credit scores with Experian and I came back with "Excellent" and my wife with "Good" and there seemed nothing in the file to suggest we were a risk. I'm preparing to look for a new mortgage deal but obviously I'm concerned that there is something wrong, and I'm worried that we will end up with another mortgage search against out credit file and another rejection. Can anyone suggest what might be wrong? Can we appeal to HSBC?

New Post 20/11/2009 02:18
  graf8
1 posts
No Ranking

Re: credit 

This is not necessarily a good thing. They like to see some good credit history and you can't get that without some credit.

Other things might be length of time with current employer, salary multiples, number of recentcredit searches, etc, etc. Difficult to know if they won't give any clues, but stating the obvious it must presumably relate to the questions on the application.

Disabled Previous

Next Disabled
  Forum  Finance  Credit Cards  credit
Print  

Important!!!

Visitors to the website are reminded that the comments contained within our forums are uncorroborated and as such should not be read as fact but as the opinion of the person who left the comment.

Print  

Copyright (c) 2017 UKSimple Terms Of Use Privacy Statement